A tour of Coorg can be an exciting and memorable experience, offering a chance to explore the scenic beauty and rich cultural heritage of the region. Here is a sample itinerary for a Coorg tour:
Day 1: Arrival in Coorg
• Arrive in Coorg and check into your hotel or resort.
• Spend the day relaxing and exploring the local area.
• In the evening, enjoy a traditional Coorg dinner.
Day 2: Local Sightseeing
• After breakfast, visit the Madikeri Fort, a historical fort built by the Kodavas.
• Next, visit the Abbey Falls, a picturesque waterfall surrounded by coffee plantations and dense forests.
• In the afternoon, visit the Dubare Elephant Camp, where you can interact with elephants and learn about their care and training.
• In the evening, enjoy a leisurely walk around the town and visit the local market.
Day 3: Nature and Adventure Activities
• After breakfast, head to the Nagarhole National Park for a wildlife safari.
• After the safari, visit the Talakaveri, the origin of the Kaveri River, located atop the Brahmagiri Hills.
• In the afternoon, go on a trek to the Tadiandamol peak or explore the surrounding coffee plantations.
• In the evening, go for a river rafting or kayaking adventure on the Barapole River.
Day 4: Monastery and Local Cuisine
• After breakfast, visit the Namdroling Monastery (Golden Temple), the largest teaching center of the Nyingma lineage of Tibetan Buddhism in the world.
• Next, visit a local coffee plantation and learn about the cultivation and processing of coffee.
• In the afternoon, enjoy a traditional Coorg lunch and taste local delicacies like bamboo shoot curry and pork fry.
• In the evening, enjoy a relaxing walk around your resort or hotel.
Day 5: Departure
• After breakfast, check out of your hotel or resort and depart for your onward journey.
• This is just a sample itinerary, and you can customize your Coorg tour according to your interests and preferences. Make sure to book your accommodation and activities in advance to ensure a hassle-free and enjoyable trip.