- About Us
- Our Services
- Contact Us
Chopta is a small green, meadow village located in the Kedarnath Wildlife sanctuary situated in the northern state of Uttarakhand, India. It is more generally known as “Mini Switzerland” in Uttarakhand and offers luscious jungles of pine, deodar and rhododendron. The rich flora and fauna of Chopta region contains rare bird species and musk deer. On a clear day, Chopta gives a picturesque view of the massive Himalayan Range including peaks such as Trishul, Nanda Devi and Chaukhamba.
Chopta bike tour packages offer hiking, camping with a special tour package to Tunganath. Being a small place, Chopta tour packages are usually offered for 3 nights and 4 days.
HOW TO REACH CHOPTA
1. By Road - Chopta can be simply reached by road as it is well connected to the National Capital, New Delhi. Chopta lies on the Rudraprayag – Ukimath – Gopeshwar Highway. It is situated 33 kms from Ukimath and 68 kms from Rudraprayag.
New Delhi – Haridwar – Rishikesh – Devprayag – Srinagar – Rudraprayag (Kedarnath Road) – Augustmuni – Kund – Ukimath – Chopta
2. By Train – Haridwar and Rishikesh are well linked railway stations which are nearest to Chopta. Upon reaching either of the places, Chopta can be reached by road.
3. By Flight – Chopta, being situated at a high altitude, doesn’t have its own airport. The nearest airport is Dehradun, from where the remaining journey to Chopta has to be done by road.
The tour package to Chopta is very diverse and one can visit Chopta in any season depending on the activities one is interested in:
1. Summer season spreading from March to May. These months offer cool and pleasant weather with temperature ranging in the comfortable zone of 10 Deg C to 30 Deg C. This temperature agrees tourism to flourish in summers. Trekking and Camping becomes possible as Chopta tour package offers such activities as main attraction.
2. Monsoon season covering from June to September. During these months, the temperature varies from 17 Deg C to 27 Deg C, declaring a comfortable climate for tourists who want to indulge in the natural panorama of the Chopta Valley. With clouds hovering, and drizzling rains, Chopta is an ideal place for energizing oneself and indulging in yoga.
3. Autumn season extending from Mid-September to December. Days and nights start becoming chiller now, rather chilly. Anative beauty of Chopta comes to life in this season with autumn leaves falling around and new flowers blooming. This season of Chopta is a heavenly dwelling for nature lovers and true adventurers since this time offers rare flora and fauna to be visible, with searches happening in campsites and bonfires.
4. Winter season extends from December to February. Choptaknow-hows harsh winters with temperature dropping up to -15 Deg C, but, Chopta offer a scenic attractiveness this time of the year with everything turning raw white. As snowfall sets in early December, trekking becomes little more popular. As such, at this time of the year, Chopta becomes a very popular among honeymooners with Chopta valley offering privacy and huge scope for romance.
BEST PLACES TO VISIT IN CHOPTA
1. Kund - Chopta – Tunganath – Chandrashila Trek. The whole trek from Kund – Deoriatal – Chopta – Tunganath – Chnadrashila is roughly around 11 – 15 hours trek with 3 pit stops in between. This time can be cut short if one starts the trek from Choptahimself. The trekking route offers scenic magnificence of the entire Kedarnath Valley with lush green deodar forests and grasslands.
2. Chopta – Tunganath – Chandrashila. This trek takes around 4 hours to complete by annormal or a first time trekker. As a general practice, trekker leaves early from Chopta and try to return from Chandrashila to Tunganath by lunch time. This leaves with them, ample time to reach back to Chopta at relaxed time.
3. Chopta is known for its scenic beauty and offers several popular attractions, including Tungnath Temple, Chandrashila Trek, Deoria Tal, Kedarnath Wildlife Sanctuary, and Ukhimath.
Q1. What are the minimum days essential for a good trip to Chopta?
To enjoy Chopta, generally 3 days are enough. However, these may vary dependent upon the trek you take up, if any.
Q2. What cost is related with atrip to Chopta?
Ex – Delhi cost of a package to Chopta may start from 6500-7000 and can go up dependent upon the trekking activities you undertake.
Q3. How about the mobile network in Chopta?
The network facility, though, available, bandwidth is restricted. Hence, you may face trouble in operating internet. Calls may also go off and on. But, more or less, network is acceptable to keep you connected to your team and loved ones.
Q4. Which is the best time of the year to travel to Chopta?
Chopta experiences cool to icy weather. Though, for most of the year it remains open, in winters, the treks usually close down. So, for Chopta, the best months are March to May, where the valley is lively, and the treks are open. For snow lovers, the best months are from January – March, where the entire place is sheltered with a blanket of snow.
Q5. What is the best mode of conveyance to reach Chopta?
One can reach Chopta from Delhi, by road, either from Ukhimath, further to Rudraprayag. If you wish to travel by train, the nearest station would be Haridwar and Rishikesh from where you will take the continuing journey by road.
Q6. What are the best accommodation options available in Chopta?
Resorts, small hotels and homestays are the top accommodation options that are available in Chopta. Homestays are a good way to travel the place and the locales of Chopta.
Q7. What is the local cuisine like in Chopta, and where to experience the food culture?
Although there are many cafes and restaurants open in chopta which serve modern day multi cuisine dine in facilities, but, this is one of the finest places to experience local Garhwali cuisine in local food shops.