Shimla is a destination meant for family, friends and honeymooners alike, and thus, tour packages to Shimla are offered round the year, as this place as a lot to offer in all periods.
1. Summer season in Shimla extends from March - June. The temperature being pleasant, ranging between 15 deg C to 30 deg C, this season gives a perfect window for all outdoor activities. One can adore activities such as trekking, paragliding, camping and rafting.
2. Monsoon season in Shimla extends from July to September. This season brings in heavy rainfall and infrequent landslides. But the hills turn green for the best lush they can offer to the nature fans.
3. Winter Season in Shimla extends from October to February. Snowfall sets in throughout the months of December and February and temperature drastically falls. Tourists flood for enjoying the snow and involvement winter sports such as skiing and ice skating. The temperature regularly falls from being around 8 deg C going down to -2 deg C. The season also attracts a lot of honeymooners and persons who don’t shy away from winters.
HOW TO REACH SHIMLA
1. By Road – This is the best favoured way to reach Shimla as the place is well connected by road from all the major cities of India. With roads being well constructed, bike and car tour packages to Shimla have become gradually popular among riding enthusiasts.
2. By Air – The native airport of Shimla is located at Jubbarhatti, which is roughly 23 km from the main city. There are regular flights functioning to the airport from Delhi. The nearest major airport to Shimla is located at Chandigarh, which is roughly 120 km from Shimla and the rest of the distance desires to taken up by road.
3. By Train – The train route to Shimla is a very curious one, with the Kalka – Shimla Toy Train being listed among the UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Kalka is good connected by a network of rail systems from the plains, and the narrow gauge track connects Shimla to Kalka. This track is also well-known for the steepest rise in altitude of 96 km. The view is divine and the experience of riding in this train is once in a time.