Q1. What are the minimum days essential for a good trip to Kashmir?
To enjoy Kashmir Valley and its beautiful landscapes, an ideal vacation of 7 days is required.
Q2. What cost is associated with a trip to Kashmir?
We provide packages starting from 12000/- for a budget trip which can extend uptoRs. 30,000 depending upon the stay etc.
Q3. How about the mobile network in Kashmir?
Almost all networks are operational in Kashmir. However, only post-paid connections work in Kashmir.
Q4. Which is the best time of the year to visit Kashmir?
There are different seasons in which Kashmir’s beauty is glorified. In the summers, a good time to visit is between months of April to July. In the winters, especially for snow lovers, the valley could be visited from November to March.
Q5. What are the key places of tourist importance in Kashmir?
The Kashmir valley hosts numerous places which fall under the category of must visit places. Some pf these are:
• Jammu & Katra – Known to many religious travellers and pilgrims, Jammu is the winter capital of the state o Jammu and Kashmir. Pilgrimages like Mata Vaishno Devi attracts many tourists.
• Patnitop – A small town known for its natural landscapes, lakes and rope adventure.
• Srinagar - Also known as heaven on earth, Srinagar is known for its emasculate beauty. You can visit places like Shankaracharya Temple, Dal Lake, Tulip Garden, Shalimar and Nishat Bagh etc. During the winters, around March one can also witness the Tulip festival.
• Sonamarg – Known for its expanse, the Sonamarg valley, exemplifies wilderness and adventure activities. You can also visit this place if you are travelling to Leh, Ladakh by road from Srinagar.
• Gulmarg – It’s a beauty in white, a must visit place in winters. You can indulge in activities such as skiing and take a ride on one of the longest and highest ropeway.
• Pahalgam – The place is enroute for pilgrims going to Amarnath. However, the valley of Pahalgam in itself is a picturesque place. Enjoy horse riding and chilling out in the open.
Q6. When can one see snow in Kashmir?
The Kashmir valley is one of the first few places in India which witnesses snow and marks the onset of winter for the plains. If you wish to see snow, visit Kashmir during December – March. Either you can experience snowfall or deposited snow, but surely you will be able to enjoy snow adventure activities.
Q7. What is the best mode of transportation to reach Srinagar?
From Delhi, it’s almost a journey of about 900 kms. The road conditions are good and people those who love driving/riding come to Srinagar by road. However, if you are not a road person or are pressed for time, Srinagar is well connected by air. Train services are available till Jammu / Udhampur, from where you will be travelling by road for the rest of your journey.
Q8. What are the best accommodation options available in Srinagar?
There are all types of accommodation available in Srinagar, ranging from budget hotels, star rating hotels, resorts and houseboats. Crazy Riders Adventure Tours take care of all your bookings and help you have a hassle free vacation.
Q9. What is the local cuisine like in Srinagar, and where to experience the food culture?
The locals of Kashmir are very fond of dry fruits, rice, mutton and lotus stem. So, for a local cuisine experience visit the eating joints serving you the likes of mutton curries, nadru curries, Kashmiri pulao and a fast which the locals call as “Waazwan”.
Q10. Where should one go on a shopping spree in Srinagar and what are the things to look out for?
The local markets are the best to shop from. You can go ahead with products and stuffs like dry fruits, especially walnuts and apricots, fresh apples, pashmina and kesar.