Kasol is a small town situated in the Kullu Valley, lying in between Bhuntar and Manikaran. Being situated on the banks of Parvati River, Kasol lures trekkers to Parvati Valley. Having pleasant weather almost the year round and experiencing fair amount of snowfall during the winters, Kasol is a heaven for backpackers.
Kasol bike tour packages attract trekking enthusiasts, experienced and beginners alike. The months of March – May serves the best months for trekking packages to Kasol, as the weather remains pleasant and one can experience the hot water springs of the Manikaran Sahib in their full glory.
BEST TIME TO VISIT KASOL
The tour package to Kasol is popular from months approaching summers, else in winters.
- Summer season extending from March to May. These months allow one to experience comfortable climate, with temperature in the range of 15 deg C to 22 deg C. since, tour packages to Kasol, mainly focuses on trekking activities, this season opens up clear skies with the panoramic view of snow clad mountains, an ideal conditions to trek in the Parvati Valley.
- Winter season extends from October to February. Kasol experiences chilly winters with temperature prevailing in the range of 3 deg C to 10 deg C. This season also gets a fair amount of snowfall, cutting off roads leading to Kasol. But, winters allow nature lovers to relax and rejuvenate themselves, roaming in the chilly nights, on the calm roads of Kasol, enjoying the serene natural beauty. This time of the year, Kasol, also welcomes honeymooners, offering privacy and immense scope for romance.
KASOL TREKKING PACKAGES
Since Kasol is a budding destination, tour packages to Kasol, mainly focuses on Trekking, which is the main activity that can be planned in and around Kasol. Owing to a good weather window, such trekking tour packages to Kasol, attracts beginners and amateur trekkers along with the experienced ones to enjoy the surreal beauty of the Parvati Valley. The major treks in and around Kasol are:
- Kheerganga Trek: An easy, low altitude trek, Kheerganag is very popular among beginners and amateur trekkers. The short trekking distance of 12kms is covered in a 2 day span and takes you to Kheerganga which is the last inhabited village on the trekking route from Pin Valley via Pin Parvati Pass. The trek is a beautiful passage encompassed with lovely apple orchards, gushing waterfalls and beautiful green expanses. The hot water springs and the Shiva Temple are other important attractions of this trek, giving it mythological relevance, as Lord Karthikeyan, son of Lord Shiva is believed to have meditated here. One can even take a dip in the holy hot water springs surrounded by the snow covered mountain peaks.
- Sar Pass Trek: An easy trek of 5 days duration, this trek is again more popular amongst the beginners. The trek trail allows you to walk through thick forests, lush green grasslands, pass through beautiful and calm villages, and enjoy all these encompassed between snow clad mountains.
- Pin Parvati Trek: This imposing trek 112 km is competed in 11 days and is mostly taken up from July to September end. The trek is famous amongst seasoned and experienced trekkers and takes them to an altitude of 17,457 feet, where uncertain weather conditions and completely frozen mountains make the terrain very difficult to traverse. Once on the apex, the pass links the two great valleys of Kullu and Spiti. The pass connects the Parvati Valley of Kullu, which is lush grassland to the cold barren Pin Valley of Spiti. The transformation of the trekking route gives you a glimpse of the cultural shift from Kullu to the Buddhist culture of Spiti. One witnesses the Shrikhand Mahadev, Kinner Kailash, Bara Shrigiri, Parbati Goat Head Peak, Fluted Peak, and Kulu Makalu along the trek.
- Tosh Trek: This is again an easy level trek of 1 day, leading the backpackers from the town of Kasol to a small village of Tosh, nestled in the Himalayan beauty. The trek slowly rises on the gradual terrain and follows majorly the path alongside the gushing water of Parvati River. Tosh has scattered villages and lot of foreigners visit this place as a part of their trekking expeditions. This village is more common among trekkers who want to experience solitude and an escape from the more often visited trekking and camping sites.
- Chalal Trek: Situated very near to Kasol, Chalal trek is an easy walk. The trek takes around 2 days to complete, with trekkers camping at Chalal village. The trek itself becomes an escapade from the hustle and bustle of the Kasol township and one can enjoy the nature is its raw beauty. While in this trek, soak in the beauty of the great Himalayas, lying under the star studded blue sky. Due to its proximity to Kasol, there are lot of backpackers and trekkers from around the globe who have made Chalal trek an essential trekking activity when visiting the Kullu Valley or the Parvati Valley.